Why GMO-Z.com Trust Company
GMO has employed rigorous policies, regulatory oversight and security standards to help ensure that its digital assets share the same robust frameworks and time-tested guardrails inherent to traditional assets.
- Regulatory Approval
- GMO-Z.com Trust Company is supervised by New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS). GMO is maintaining an Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Program and is regulated as a trust organized under New York banking law.
- GMO holds the U.S. Dollar and Japanese Yen deposits of all customers in segregated accounts at FDIC-insured banks.
- Funds Auditing
- GMO has engaged an independent, nationally recognized public accounting firm to conduct monthly third-party assessments on Dollar and Yen reserves to ensure full collateralization.
- Smart-Contract Audit
- Leading smart-contract auditing firm Quantstamp has conducted an independent third-party audit and security review on GMO’s ERC-20 smart contract.
- Ethereum Monitoring
- GYEN and ZUSD are issued on the Ethereum blockchain, allowing for near real-time issuance, redemption and transaction monitoring.
- Transaction Surveillance
- Industry leader Chainalysis deploys their software to assist GMO in monitoring their transactions and risk assessments to detect and prevent fraudulent activity.
GMO-Z.com Trust Company
GMO-Z.com Trust Company, a subsidiary of financial and IT conglomerate GMO Internet, is a Limited Purpose Trust Company regulated by the New York Department of Financial Services.
The World's First Regulated JPY-Pegged Stablecoin Issuer.